As a novice blogger who joined the WordPress community six months ago, I was surprised and humbled to receive Foxy Writer Chick’s nomination for the Sunshine Blogger Award 🔆
Originally from Minnesota but now living in beautiful Maryland, Susan (a.k.a Foxy Writer Chick) is someone I respect very much. Unlike myself, Susan is a real writer. Her professional writing career spans pro-editor and writing critique services. Her all round writing wizardry is backed up with a Masters In Professional and Creative Writing. Phew! So to receive this nomination from Susan is very humbling. Thank you Susan. https://foxywriterchick.com
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award? 🔆
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are creative, positive and inspiring, while spreading sunshine to the blogging community.
- Thank the person(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post and/or on your blog
What are my Questions and Answers? 🔆
Ok here goes! Foxy Writer Chick has some curly questions!
- What is your favorite band or type of music? Why? Music reminds me I’m alive, I listen to different genres depending on what I’m doing. For example classical (with noise cancelling headphones!) if I’m drafting documents at work, cheesy ’80’s pop like Madonna if I’m doing Saturday morning housework on and classic rock (loud!) like AC⚡️DC if we’re on a road trip.
- You can have dinner with one person from history. Who is it and why did you choose him/her? My beautiful grandmother on my father’s side. She was taken from this earth too soon, I would love to learn more about her childhood, her life and her heart.
- Choose a motto or credo to sum up the way you live your life: If I die tomorrow, would I look back on my life and my parents (and loved ones) be proud of the person I was.
- Finish this sentence: NEVER TRUST SOMEONE WHO______________lies.
- Why do you blog? If I can pay it forward and help someone quit drinking, even just a little bit. My blog has served its purpose.
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you go and why? New Zealand (Wellington during my professional career, Whangamata when I retire). Both places are beautiful and have special memories and people. They are safe, natural and represent me.
- What is your best quality? My loyalty to codes of ethics (in both my personal and professional lives).
- What is your biggest pet peeve? Drama queens. Just let that shit go.
- What’s the last book you read? Would you recommend it? How to Transform your Life by Geshe Kelsang Gyatso
- If you could rewind your life and go back to a certain age, would you do it and pick up from there? Why or why not? Probably early twenties, when my drinking started to get hard. I’d seek counselling and sort it. But then again, I wouldn’t be the person I am today if I did that. So actually, I don’t think I’d rewind.
- Who or what inspires you to write or create? You do – the wonderful, supportive WordPress community.
My Nominees: 🔆
- Tales from My Liver
- Tipsy No More
- No More for 2017
- Sober in Vegas
- Tired Of Treading Water
- Sober Fish UK
- Lamar Washington
- Sensible Nonsense
- Mark Goodson
- Free to Express
- 800 Recovery Hub
My questions for Nominees:🔆
- What inspires you to blog?
- Who would be three of the top influencers in your life?
- Winter or summer?
- What brings you happiness?
- Where is your favourite place? Why?
- How have you overcome adversity successfully?
- If you got to spend a day with someone, either living or past, who might this be and why?
- How do you see your blog as being part of your life going forward?
- What gets you out of bed in the morning?
- If you could be an animal, what would you be an why?
- Your all time favourite blog you’ve written – share the link here:
All the best! Love your work, thank you everyone for your inspiration and insight. xoxo
Ps I took this on my walk to work yesterday.🤗🔆